If you’ve been following me on Instagram, you may have seen that I recently got engaged! It’s been one of the most exciting times in my life and as you can imagine, I can't stop thinking about wedding craft ideas! My first wedding-related project was to think of a fun way to ask a very special group of girls to be part of my bridal party.
For my best friend and Maid of Honor, who is luckily also a talented wedding planner (check her out at Yvette Hart Events), I organized a big box of personal mementos from pictures and notes to a giraffe figurine and chili powder (inside jokes).
For my Bridesmaids, I was inspired to make these accordian cards after seeing the most adorable mini gift boxes at Paper Source. I personalized each card with my bridesmaids’ names and a special note. For this tutorial, I created a one-size-fits-all printable, but you can use Photoshop, Powerpoint or even Word to make your own personalized version.
• "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" printable (click here to print mine)
• Stamp pad
• 3 pieces of 5 in. x 2.5 in. cardstock paper
• 2.5 in. x 2.5 in. chipboard (you can also upcycle an old notebook cover)
• 2 kinds of decorative scrapbook paper (1 for the cover and 1 for the heart)
• Threading needle
• 1 yard of yarn (thin enough to fit in the needle hole)
• Glue stick
• Dimensional glue dots
• Scissors (optional: paper trimmer or x-acto knife for extra straight lines)
• Small gift box
• Ribbon and/or gift toppers (bought my gift tag from We Love Citrus)
• Cut out all 4 "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" pieces. You can either use scissors, a paper trimmer or x-acto knife and cut inside the black lines.
• In order to give them a distressed look and create a colorful border, rub the edges of each piece onto a stamp pad.
• Form an accordion card with the cardstock paper by folding each piece in half and attaching them to one another with a glue stick.
• Attach each of the "Will You Be My Bridesmaid?" pieces to the cardstock panels with a glue stick.
• To create the front cover, apply glue to one side of the chipboard and attach it to the back side of your scrapbook paper, leaving about one inch of excess paper hanging on each side.
• Trim the corners of the excess paper to make it easier to fold over. Apply glue and fold them over the chipboard.
• With your second piece of scrapbook paper, cut out a heart shape.
• Place the button on top of the heart. With your threaded needle, pierce through the heart and the button so that the button is now attached to the heart.
• Knot the yarn on the back of the heart, leaving the yarn hanging evenly on both sides.
• Add dimensional glue dots to the back of the heart and attach it to the cover.
• Attach the cover to the front of the accordion card with a glue stick.
• Wrap the yarn around the accordion and tie a bow to secure it.
• Place the card in a mini box and decorate with ribbon and/or gift toppers.
What are some fun and creative ways you’ve asked your bridal party? I’d love to hear them…and any wedding planning advice for that matter!