Gather those bobby pins you have lying around and turn them into your new favorite accessory! With a little paint and a touch of your own creative flair, you can jazz up any outfit with these bobby pin earrings. Pair 'em with a simple black top for a a bold statement or add a little spunk to your favorite outfit. Best of all, you'll always end up with a one-of-a-kind pair when you DIY.
Materials: Bobby Pins — Piece of Cardstock or Cardboard — White Spray Paint or Nail Polish — Acrylic Paint or Nail Polish (colors of your choice) — Clear Nail Polish — 2 Thin Pieces of Wire — Earring Hooks — Paintbrush — Pencil
• Clip bobby pins onto a piece of cardstock separating each slightly from one another.
• Apply a layer of white spray paint or nail polish as a primer. Let dry and do the other side.
• Paint pins your desired base color with paint or nail polish. Let dry and do the other side.
• Lightly sketch your design onto both sides of pins.
• Paint design onto pins with paint or nail polish. Let dry and do the other side.
• Apply a layer of clear nail polish to seal the paint and add a glossy finish.
• Create a triangle shape with the wires, twisting the edges together to close.
• When completely dry, remove pins from the cardstock and run them through the wires.
• Attach earring hooks to the wires and voilà!