A few simple materials and about five minutes is all you need to create a new fashion accessory. I first taught this project at Unique LA a few months ago (pictures here) and everyone loved them, because they are so simple and quick to make. Make a bunch and stack 'em up for your own set of colorful arm candy!
Follow the steps below to make your own.
• Thin wire hanger (you can also use an 18 gauge floral wire)
• 1 yard of fabric strip (about 1 inch wide)
• Wire cutters
• Using wire cutters, cut off the bottom of the hanger. The thinner the wire hanger is, the easier it will be to cut. Alternatively, you can use floral wire if you have any trouble cutting or bending the hanger.
• Bend the wire to form a round bangle shape.
• Tuck in the ends of the wire. Use wire cutters to help bend them if you have trouble bending the ends by hand.
• Grab the fabric strip and tie one end onto the bracelet, leaving about 2 inches hanging.
• With the longer end of the fabric, begin wrapping it around the bracelet until the wire is covered.
• Tie the end of the fabric to your original knot and cut off any excess fabric.
Make a bunch and stack 'em up! Follow along on Facebook and Instagram to keep up with all my new DIY projects.