Nothing says summer like enjoying a poolside barbecue with friends and family. And it’s not a summer barbecue without some burgers on the grill! As a burger lover myself, I thought it would be fun to put a creative spin on this classic American barbecue dish. I present to you…the burger sushi roll!
Not only is it a showstopper with its unique presentation, but it’s fun to eat too. Just like sharing sushi rolls with friends at your favorite Japanese restaurant, these juicy burger rolls go great with a pair of chopsticks, flavorful dipping sauces and big appetites.
I also thought it would be fun to pair the burgers with custom Coke bottles, personalized for each of my guests. Back by popular demand, you can now create personalized iconic eight-ounce “Share a Coke” glass bottles on ShareaCoke.com. And it took less than 5 minutes to order! From graduation to birthdays, summer barbecues to weddings, “Share a Coke” is all about celebrating life’s most sharable moments, which is why they are such a fun addition to any party.
With burger sushi rolls and customized Coke bottles, you are bound to create a lasting impression at your next party!
• Sushi Rolling Mat
• Ground Beef (seasoned as desired)
• Cheddar Cheese Blocks
• Your Choice of Additional Toppings: Tomatoes, Pickles, Mushrooms, Avocado, etc.
• French Fried Onions
• Create a bed of bacon by laying several strips on a sushi mat, slightly overlapping each piece with the other
• Starting about 1 inch from the bottom, cover about half of the bacon with a thin layer of ground beef
• Lay out a row of cheddar cheese blocks on top of the beef
• Add desired toppings (e.g. tomatoes, pickles, etc.) next to the cheese
• Using both hands, pick up the end of the sushi mat that is closest to you and slowly roll it up, squeezing tightly as you roll
• Remove from grill and brush a thin layer of ketchup on the bacon
• Sprinkle fried onions on top. You can also garnish with thinly sliced avocados
• Cut into small sushi pieces and serve
Try making a variety of different burger sushi rolls and enjoy it at your next gathering! How do you celebrate sharable moments with friends and family?
Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Coca-Cola through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Share A Coke, all opinions are my own.