Follow the steps below to create your very own!
• Sushi mat (I bought this from an Asian food market for $1.99) or bamboo placemat
• Elastic fabric band (less than 1 yard)
• Glue gun
• Yarn (1 yard)
• Place the sushi mat on a flat surface with the bamboo sticks pointing up.
• Weave the elastic band through the second bamboo stick on the left. Secure with a hot glue gun as shown in the photos above.
• Continue weaving the elastic between the bamboo sticks to create compartments for your brushes, alternating between small and big holes if you have different size brushes like I do. The holes should be tight enough so the brush doesn't loosely slide in and out, but not too tight so the mat doesn't bumch up when all the brushes are placed inside.
• Cut off the excess elastic and secure the end with a glue gun the same way you did in Step 2.
• Run a piece of yarn through a button and attach them to one end of the sushi mat by tightly double knotting. Leave the excess string hanging.
• Roll up the sushi mat, wrap the yarn around the sushi mat, then wrap it around the button to secure.
Let's stay connected! Follow along on Facebook and Twitter to see all my new DIY projects.