Today I'm teaming up with the lovely and talented Yvette Hart Events (who also happens to be my best friend and the model in the pictures) to bring you a wedding DIY project! As a bride-to-be (only 8 months left!), I'm always picking her brain on the latest wedding styles, which is truly her specialty. Be sure to check out her site for more wedding inspiration!
We both really love the beaded hairpiece trend and decided to make one of our own. I love how elegant this headband turned out and I think it's so special when brides incorporate personalized, handmade details on their big day.
• Beaded embellishment, brooch or any other small decorative piece you would like to convert into a headband (I bought mine from Michaels for $4)
• Ribbon (find one that doesn't fray easily when you cut it)
• Glue gun
• Cut several leaf-shaped pieces from the ribbon and tulle.
• Glue the pieces onto the back of your beaded embellishment. Continue until you have reached your desired look.
• Cut about 1 yard of tulle. If you would like the headband as thin as possible (like mine), cut it again width-wise so it is only about 1 inch wide. Glue it onto the back of your headpiece.
• Place the headband on top of your head and tie the two pieces of tulle together to secure.
Happy crafting fellow brides! Be sure to check out Yvette Hart Events for more wedding inspiration.