Whether you're making your holiday gifts or buying them, make your loved ones feel extra special this year by creating your own DIY wrapping paper! I've always been big on "presentation is key" (here and here), and dressing up your gifts with handmade wrapping paper is such a great way to show how much you care. I first shared this project in the amazing IHOD Gift Guide and I'm excited to share it with you all today!
For this DIY project, I've used paper doilies as my crafting tool of choice. They come in all sorts of shapes and patterns, which make for great stencils. Use colorful paint to stamp on your designs and top it off with glitter for some extra sparkle. This project is so fun to make and easy enough for kids to help too. So grab some paper doilies from your kitchen and let's get started!
P.S. If you're still decorating your tree, check out my DIY mosaic ornaments made out of CDs!
• Roll of craft paper
• Paper doilies
• 2 colors of glitter paint (acrylic paint will work too)
• Glitter glue
• Small container
• Foam brush
• Lay out craft paper on a flat surface. Cut to desired size and place a doily on top.
• Pour the first color of paint in a small container. Dip your brush in and lightly dab over the open holes of the doily, using it as a stencil.
• Peel back the doily to reveal your pattern.
• Continue to randomly place the doily on the paper and paint until most of it is covered.
• To add an accent color, grab a new doily along with your second color of paint and continue painting until you've reached your desired look.
• Add dots of glitter glue to add dimension and extra sparkle.
That's all! I hope you have a wonderful holiday season filled with lots of crafting. Follow along on Facebook and Twitter to see all my new DIY projects.