For this week's DIY, I’m excited to partner with Feckled Fawn and their hundreds of washi tapes to create this stylish clutch made from a clear poly envelope. This isn’t the first time I’ve turned office supplies into fashion accessories (here and here), and now I'm convinced they make some of the most stylish, yet budget friendly projects.
Follow the tutorial below to make your own and enter for a chance to win $100 worth of washi tape from our friends at Freckled Fawn!
• Colorful washi tape
• Clear poly envelope (found online or office supply stores)• Scissors
• Craft sealer or Mod Podge
• Xacto knife
• Needle and thread
• Tape: Tape the washi around the front and back of the envelope starting at the bottom and working your way up.• Cover it up: Continue taping with your desired colors and pattern until the outside of the envelope is covered. It's OK to tape over the velcro closures.
• Cut: Grab your Xacto knife and cut around any velcro openings you may have taped over.
• Seal: Paint a layer of craft sealer over the washi tape in order to prevent it from peeling up. Let dry.
• Add button: To add a decorative touch, sew a button onto the top cover. You may need to pierce through the velcro to do this.
TO ENTER to win a $100 shopping credit to Freckled Fawn: (GIVEAWAY CLOSED)
- Browse Freckled Fawn and leave a comment on this post telling us which washi tape is your favorite (make sure to leave your email!)
- For an additional entry, “like” both Facebook pages shown below, then leave a second comment letting us know you're a fan (make sure this is a separate comment so it counts as an additional entry).
Giveaway ends Tuesday Feb. 5 at midnight PST. Open to worldwide residents 18 years of age or older. This post is sponsored by Freckled Fawn. All opinions are my own.